Re: Confirming those elusive grids/prefixes

WL7CG

All,

I encourage use of eQSL as well. I chase the Japan Amateur Radio League (JARL) awards and they only recognize eQSL and not LOTW. They want you to be able to print out the QSL card. They have a great program, if you have not looked into it, give it a go.

ClubLog has become important to fans of the IOTA Program, offering island credit for log matches posted to their site. It worth posting your adi files here.

73 Alan WL7CG

On 4/6/19 9:49 AM, Richard Kennedy wrote:
Have you ever worked a new, somewhat elusive or rare grid, only to find that the station you worked does not QSL in any manner whatsoever: no LoTW, no eQSL, no paper QSL.  Any there is no email address to even communicate with him/her?

About 1 percent of all new grids/prefixes fall into the category of "no confirmation likely".  One saving grace to all of this is that folks who once were "Zero QSLers" convert and upload their logs to one of the QSL services recognized by GAPAwards.  This happened recently to me with a Russian in an elusive grid that I happened to work in 2014.  When I did my daily download of LoTW confirmations there he was!!  Two years ago a similar incident took place: a QSO from 2002 with Indonesia confirmed via LoTW for a new grid.

That's why I talk up LoTW and eQSL primarily, as well as ClubLog (seems popular with Europeans and some Japanese) and even HRD.  LoTW, ClubLog, HRD and others are free - eQSL is a dollar a month.

You can maximize your grid/prefix count by subscribing to multiple QSL services.  Check with Ernie if you have questions on exactly what a "GAPA confirmation" is.

GL, 73, Rich, K3VAT

Join GAPA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.