FriendsOfSligoCreek@groups.ioSligo Creek is a tributary of the Anacostia River which flows into the Potomac River in Washington, DC. Sligo Creek flows through an urban park in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC.
The goal of Friends of Sligo Creek is to protect and enhance the health of Sligo Creek and its surrounding parkland.
Friends of Sligo Creek members are mainly watershed residents, but some are members of other non-profits, or government agencies who cast a distant, but caring eye. They are always ready to give advice when asked. Since the Park is maintained by the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, it is through them that we hope to create improved environmental conditions for the next generation.
This mailing list group allows the Friends of Sligo Creek to discuss topics of interest that affect the preservation of our park.
This mailing list replaces the former FriendsOfSligoCreek@yahoogroups.com list founded January 16, 2004, which in turn replaced the Friends_Of_Sligo_Creek list.
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.