Topics

St Johns River Term Co Loco #1

ALLEN STANLEY

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me track this loco. It was Baldwin built 4-
1902, CN# 20269, 17x24x50" 0-4-0 built for Atlantic Valdosta &
Western as their #1. I show it going to StJRTCo (an AV&W holding at
that time) 11-1902. I can find no history of it after that. I would
suspect it was found to be too small very quickly. With all the
industry and logging lines, etc in the area it would be a good
possibility it was sold locally. No record of it going through GC&L,
BR&L or SI&E can be found. I can't find any record of it getting
back to the AV&W either.

Any help would be appreciated. I am aware of StJRTCo 0-6-0's #2-5
later 8550, 8551, 8555, and 8556. If anyone has anything on any
other locos that may have been on the StJRTCo it would be most
welcomed.

Another unrelated question. Any ideas as to why there would be two
photos of the Milton, Fl depot ca late 1940's in with a collection
of SRy depots in Fl? That would be L&N territory I thought. It was
the only one not SRy, and these photos came from SRy files. Beyond
LOP&G too.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Allen Stanley
Greer, SC