Topics

Naples Branch: Post ACL Aquirement

Christian Javier

I did some research on USGS, and found out about how the ACL bought the ex-SAL line to downtown Naples in 1944, and began operating a mixed train with a pullman down from Fort Myers a few times a week. Before GP7's took over the mixed train duties, would P-5 pacifics have handled traffic in the late 40's?

wj2a2mo@...

just wondering. Author Gregg Turner is based in the Ft. Myers area and has written on the r.r. of southwest Florida. You might find some information in his books. Have you consulted them to see what he says?

Walt A.

Christian Javier

I actually forgot I have his book "Florida Railroads in the 1920's". I'll check it out.