Topics

Mable - Tarrytown railroad?

redhairrascal

all:

Thanks for the reply! How long did it last? I wonder if CSX is
kicking themselves for abandoning the Coleman-Auburndale line - I
heard that the S line will get busier if the Commuter service for
Orlando gets done.

--- In FlaRRHistory@..., "Donnie Hensley" <taplines@...>
wrote:

It served a lumber mill where SR 471 crossed the old railroad at
Tarrytown, just a bit south of SR 50. The sawmill may still be there.
The railroad ran about a mile or two where it connected with the old
Coleman to Auburndale line. I used to see that little engine parked
on the east side of 471 opposite the lumber mill back in the early
80's.
Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370
724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines.net