Topics

FW:

seth h. bramson

All:

Here it are and here it be, the press release for the Jacksonville railroadiana and model train show, direct from our great and good friends at Golden Spike.

Myrna and I will, of course, be at our usual stand, first tables to your left inside the front entrance, with not only our usual clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous junque, but, along with that, some great, great memorabilia, both Florida and other US related.  In fact, we will have with us a few UP Streamliner 11” service plates, those generally considered the rarest of the Streamliner pattern pieces other than the china coffee pot.  But, and in addition, some great PLANT SYSTEM and predecessors pieces as well as a good deal of FEC, early and otherwise including some marvelous color and black and white photos which we have never brought before, so y’all come and make sure to bring your wampum belts, buy a lot of “stuff” and help us avoid schlepping all that great stuff back to Myamuh!

PRESS RELEASE

Golden Spike Enterprises, Inc. is proud to announce its 41st ANNUAL JACKSONVILLE MODEL TRAIN AND RAILROADIANA SHOW AND SALE. This unique event will be held this year on Saturday, February 9, 2019 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Prime Osborn Convention Center, 1000 Water Street, Jacksonville, Florida, 32204. This location is the former Jacksonville Union Terminal, conveniently located off the Forsyth exit (353A), I-95

Over 300 tables representing dealers from all over the nation will have model items in all gauges and Railroad Antiques for sale. This is Florida’s largest combination show, displaying items for both the “modeler” and “railbuff” alike all under one roof. The model railroader may choose from Lionel, American Flyer, LGB, Marklin or Ives Trains from the past or present. The rail buff may focus on dining car china, lanterns, switch locks and keys, calendars, timetables, signs or any other artifacts actually utilized by the railroads. Both collecting interests represent truly unique pieces of Americana.

As an extra feature of this show there will be a large working layout hosted by the First Coast Model Railroad Society for all to view during all open show hours.

Attendees will be able to relive the glory days of railroading in Florida when the Seaboard Railroad, Florida East Coast Railway and the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad were king

.

Once again, this once a year event will be held on Saturday, February 9, 2019 from 9:00am to 5:00pm at the Prime Osborn Convention Center. Admission is $9.00, children under 12 are free.  Please go to www.gserr.com for discount coupons. Parking is free in the main lot only.

For other details or dealer information please call (813) 949-7197 and ask for Alan Altman or Charlie Miller at (703) 536-2954