Topics

[FlaRRHistory] Passenger trains to Dade City

Greg Harrod

In a message dated 2/28/2008 3:22:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, mrjk74@... writes:

Hello I'm trying to find out which trains came through or stopped at
the depots that where in town. I think the ACL depot is still here and
I know they also stopped down the hill from the Edwinola Hotel that
depot is not around anymore. I think that one was the SAL not sure
though I could have them mixed up. Thanks for any help

Mike
I know the SAL's Silver Meteor stopped at Dade City, because that's where I got off it and got back on it when visiting my grandparents in New Port Richey in the '60's. ACL didn't have any passenger trains running through Dade City back then, just freight as I recall. I remember the ACL depot was brick, and I believe the SAL depot was a stucco mission-style structure, if I remember correctly.

Greg Harrod
Fredericksburg, Va.

**************
(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

Greg Harrod

In a message dated 2/29/2008 12:04:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, mrjk74@... writes:

Thanks for the info.Hopefuly I can keep obtaining more and more as I build this layout.
The last time I was driving around the Dade City area was in the mid '80's, and the old SAL depot was still in place then, but looked like it was no longer being used.

Greg Harrod

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

Michael Kershaw <mrjk74@...>

relichuntr@... wrote:
In a message dated 2/28/2008 3:22:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, mrjk74@yahoo.com writes:

[...]

It looks like the old SAL depot is going to be turnrd into a museum but they been saying that since '07" and I'm getting tired of waiting. I'd like to start this layout now while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.