From: redhairrascal
To: FlaRRHistory@...
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:36:48 PM
Subject: [FlaRRHistory] Mable - Tarrytown railroad?

Hi All:

Does anyone have information on the Altras railroad (I believe that
what is would be called) that was supposed to go from Mabel to
Tarrytown. I wonder if the railline was ever in operation - and what
was the freight on it. Thanks!!

Mike Cyr

Sorry, the link would probably help huh?  :0

http://donsdepot.donrossgroup.net/dr118.htm

Mike Cyr
Tampa

MLC Productions
1001 S. Fremont Ave
Tampa, FL  33606
___________
813.418.1677

mike@...

Does anyone have information on the Altras railroad (I believe that
what is would be called) that was supposed to go from Mabel to
Tarrytown. I wonder if the railline was ever in operation - and what
was the freight on it. Thanks!!

Donnie Hensley <taplines@...>

It served a lumber mill where SR 471 crossed the old railroad at Tarrytown, just a bit south of SR 50. The sawmill may still be there. The railroad ran about a mile or two where it connected with the old Coleman to Auburndale line. I used to see that little engine parked on the east side of 471 opposite the lumber mill back in the early 80's.
Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370
724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines.net

Not sure if you have seen this site, or this photo, but some digging around turned up this photo.  Hope this helps, good luck in your search.

Mike Cyr

MLC Productions
1001 S. Fremont Ave
Tampa, FL  33606