Topics

[FlaRRHistory] Introduction

Donnie Hensley <taplines@...>

Dave
If you are modeling in On30 and living in Sanford, then the Orange Belt / Sanford & St. Petersburg /ACL narrow gauge would be right up your alley, as long as you use 4-4-0s. I can help you with the research and you can visit Ken Murdock at the Winter Garden Railroad Museum for help too. And I have a web page devoted to the Orange Belt. It would limit your era from 1886 to 1906, but you could always use modelers license to extend it until the depression. The Florida Midland was changed to narrow gauge in 1896 between Forest City and Kissimmee until 1908 also and operated in conjunction with the former Orange Belt. Plenty of citrus and vegetables were shipped out over these lines along with lumber and naval stores.
Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370
724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines.net
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 5:20 PM
Subject: [FlaRRHistory] Introduction

Good day, All,
I'm Dave from Sanford Fl and relatively new to the subject. I'm modeling in On30 and am interested in learning about RRing in Florida around the early Twentieth Century. Sanford has an excellent history but as a freelancer, I'm not above adding any cool ideas to my lay-out.
Thanks,
Dave

David Renfro

Thanks Don,
I've researched a dozen historic Florida industries,
citrus, phosphate, logging/lumber, turpentine,
tourism, etc, and have decided I'll never be able to
settle for one industry or RR. So, I'm free lancing
whatever looks cool and will stick it on my lay-out.
I'll add a picture taken at a recent Fl. Renegades
On30 group's meeting. These are couple my boats
I'm sure you'll recognize.
I've really enjoyed your sites and have learned a
lot from them, thanks again,
Dave R.
Sanford, Fl

--- On Mon, 2/2/09, Donnie Hensley wrote:

Subject: Re: [FlaRRHistory] Introduction
To: FlaRRHistory@...
Cc: floridacitrusindustrymodeling@...
Date: Monday, February 2, 2009, 2:07 PM

Dave
If you are modeling in On30 and living in Sanford, then the Orange Belt / Sanford & St. Petersburg /ACL narrow gauge would be right up your alley, as long as you use 4-4-0s. I can help you with the research and you can visit Ken Murdock at the Winter Garden Railroad Museum for help too. And I have a web page devoted to the Orange Belt. It would limit your era from 1886 to 1906, but you could always use modelers license to extend it until the depression. The Florida Midland was changed to narrow gauge in 1896 between Forest City and Kissimmee until 1908 also and operated in conjunction with the former Orange Belt. Plenty of citrus and vegetables were shipped out over these lines along with lumber and naval stores.
Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370
724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines. net
++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 5:20 PM
Subject: [FlaRRHistory] Introduction

Good day, All,
I'm Dave from Sanford Fl and relatively new to the subject. I'm modeling in On30 and am interested in learning about RRing in Florida around the early Twentieth Century. Sanford has an excellent history but as a freelancer, I'm not above adding any cool ideas to my lay-out.
Thanks,
Dave