Topics

E.A. "Frog" Smith Painting of Dowling & Camp Sawmill at Slater, Florida

BillyDee53@...

Folks,
Several months ago I realized that I had seen photos of the Slater mill facility, but not of the mill house itself.  After some searching I found this last night:
The URL is:

The name of the gallery is Goodfaith Antiques and the item number is 317783.

Frog Smith was a local legend who worked at the Slater mill as a machinist and locomotive engineer at the time the mill closed in 1944.  He authored several books, as well as his "Cracker Crumbs" column in the Fort Myers News-Press, until his death in the early 1990's.
Slater was located on the Atlantic Coast Line, today's Seminole Gulf Railway.

Bill