Porthole gasket

Steve

Dose anyone know if the porthole gasket for a flicka is a certain size?

Morris Parra

I think you have to measure and cut them to size, but beware.  On my boat, these gaskets are buried with the glass into the bronze frame.  You cannot remove the old gasket without removing the glass.  It may be the same on your boat.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 1:44 PM Steve via groups.io <BULLDOGSTEVEDAVIS=YAHOO.COM@groups.io> wrote:
Dose anyone know if the porthole gasket for a flicka is a certain size?

Steve

OK
 Thanks. You know the best resource for the gasket?

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 12:44 PM, Steve via groups.io
<BULLDOGSTEVEDAVIS@...> wrote:
Dose anyone know if the porthole gasket for a flicka is a certain size?

Morris Parra

When I was considering taking on a portlight gasket replacement project, Tom Davidson sent me the following information in response to my query.  Tom is a most knowledgeable and helpful person.

Good afternoon, Attached is the latest issue of Flicka Friends: # 72 - December 2020.
My thanks to the authors that send in articles for the issue. Happy Holidays! Thanks, Tom
By Tom Davison · #26807 · 12/25/20

#flicka-friends Flicka Friends # 72 - December 2020 Issue. (4.4 mb File)  #flicka-friends

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 3:01 PM Steve via groups.io <BULLDOGSTEVEDAVIS=YAHOO.COM@groups.io> wrote:
OK
 Thanks. You know the best resource for the gasket?

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 12:44 PM, Steve via groups.io
<BULLDOGSTEVEDAVIS=YAHOO.COM@groups.io> wrote:
Dose anyone know if the porthole gasket for a flicka is a certain size?

Liveaboard Life

Edited

We purchased 3/8" x 3/8" square-shaped gasket material from McMaster-Carr, and cut lengths to fit.
It did take a bit of work to remove the old gasket material. We used a screwdriver and a knife.
(The mom in me can't resist telling you to be very careful not to cut or stab yourself.)

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/128/3848

Steve

Thanks a lot

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 8:45 AM, Liveaboard Life
<Noreenlight@...> wrote:
We purchased 3/8" x 3/8" square-shaped gasket material from McMaster-Carr, and cut lengths to fit.
It did take a bit of work to remove the old gasket material. We used a screwdriver and a knife.
(The mom in me can't resist telling you to be very careful not to cut or stab yourself.)
I'll look and see if I can find the product number.