Origo alcohol canister

Steve

I'm needing to buy 2 origo 4000 alcohol canisters if anyone has one to sell.  So far I cant find any in stock from retailers.
Thanks
Steve Davis

Rik van der Vaart

Just got mine from Sweden. 100 usd for 2. Shipping in Europe.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2022, 12:06 PM Steve via groups.io <BULLDOGSTEVEDAVIS=YAHOO.COM@groups.io> wrote:
I'm needing to buy 2 origo 4000 alcohol canisters if anyone has one to sell.  So far I cant find any in stock from retailers.
Thanks
Steve Davis

burche52@...

Looks like they have 4 in stock.  There is a code for 30% off.
https://amrdealer.com/products/dometic-origo-fuel-container-fall-models-except-5100-cwr-73960

Steve

Thnx for the responses.  Arm can't supply.
Where from sweeded dud you get your canisters?

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 11:44 AM, burche52@...
<burche52@...> wrote:
Looks like they have 4 in stock.  There is a code for 30% off.
https://amrdealer.com/ products/dometic-origo-fuel- container-fall-models-except- 5100-cwr-73960

Matt Corwin

Looks to me like AMR has 27 in stock

Matt Corwin

Sorry for that last message, amr looks like a scam, if you stay on the page the in stock number steadily depletes...weird never saw that before

Matt

Scott

I recently learned that there is a new company producing what appears to be exact replicas of the prior Origo stoves (but apparently only the 1500 and 3000 styles, and not the flush 4000 or 4100 as many of us have on the Flicka):

A little digging suggests these might only be available in Europe/the UK.  One would think that spares might also be available.  The trick is apparently finding a way to get them to the U.S.

I am a HUGE fan of the Origo stoves.  I bought one of the last Origo 6000’s (stove and oven combo) available in the U.S. for use on a larger boat.

Best,
Scott

On Nov 6, 2022, at 8:06 AM, Steve via groups.io <BULLDOGSTEVEDAVIS@...> wrote:

I'm needing to buy 2 origo 4000 alcohol canisters if anyone has one to sell.  So far I cant find any in stock from retailers.
Thanks
Steve Davis

Steve

Thnx for for your help ya'll

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 2:16 PM, Scott via groups.io
<wilsometer@...> wrote:
[...]

oz.osman2014@...

Hi Steve, i bought an exact clone of the Origo 3000 alcohol stove from a German company called Compass 24. They were very easy to deal with and i received my stove 3 days after placing my order. I live in the U.K. so unfortunately i had to pay import duty. I have had the stove a year now and am pleased with it. The only thing is someone else contacted compass 24 to ask the same question as you and was advised that the cannisters in their stove were 5 millimetres thinner than the original origo. Their suggestion was to pack the bottom of the cannister by 5 millimetres in order for the flame control to work properly. The company does on line sales. It might be worth your while to have a chat with them. Iv'e included a couple of photos to give you an idea of what the stove looks like. Good luck and best regards, Oz.

Nick D

I have 2 that I would gladly sell for a fair price. Plus shipping from NY or you could pick them up. Nick

Steve

Yeah I'd be interested in buying 2  from you. Will you email me at my personal email...bulldogstevedavis@...

On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 2:14 AM, oz.osman2014@...
<oz.osman2014@...> wrote:
Hi Steve, i bought an exact clone of the Origo 3000 alcohol stove from a German company called Compass 24. They were very easy to deal with and i received my stove 3 days after placing my order. I live in the U.K. so unfortunately i had to pay import duty. I have had the stove a year now and am pleased with it. The only thing is someone else contacted compass 24 to ask the same question as you and was advised that the cannisters in their stove were 5 millimetres thinner than the original origo. Their suggestion was to pack the bottom of the cannister by 5 millimetres in order for the flame control to work properly. The company does on line sales. It might be worth your while to have a chat with them. Iv'e included a couple of photos to give you an idea of what the stove looks like. Good luck and best regards, Oz.

Rik van der Vaart

This is the contact info I got two canister from, they fitted the origo stove perfectly. But I have to say that I did not light the stove as yet. The price was 50 Euro per piece + freight.

CLEANCOOK Sweden AB

Cell: +46 70 6716699

E-mail: robert.sagulin@...

Skype: robert.sagulin

www.cleancook.com

visit Cleancook on Facebook

On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 12:06 PM Steve via groups.io <BULLDOGSTEVEDAVIS=YAHOO.COM@groups.io> wrote:
I'm needing to buy 2 origo 4000 alcohol canisters if anyone has one to sell.  So far I cant find any in stock from retailers.
Thanks
Steve Davis

Steve

Thnx rik. I reached out to the company.