LEWMAR BOGO at West Marine

Daryl Clark

Greetings,

Just received a flyer from West Marine, they have their TWO FOR ONE / BOGO now on Lewmar winches.

Just in case anyone is looking for a set of winches. Usually includes the lovely bronze beauties we love!
--
Daryl Clark
S/Y Intuition - PSC 31 # 54

SailorElliot

Thank you so much for the notice! Seems like bronze isn't available this time around. Would you recommend aluminum or chrome for saltwater ocean cruising? Same price...

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 7:12 AM Daryl Clark <dlclark@...> wrote:
Greetings,

Just received a flyer from West Marine, they have their TWO FOR ONE / BOGO now on Lewmar winches.

Just in case anyone is looking for a set of winches. Usually includes the lovely bronze beauties we love!
--
Daryl Clark
S/Y Intuition - PSC 31 # 54
Formerly s/y Flicka 433 - Ballo Liscio
S/Y Jackito - Dana 222

--
Thanks,
Elliot

--
1985 Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20

SailorElliot

Sorry nevermind mistake I read it wrong, of course bronze is available!

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 7:36 AM Elliot Aron <elliotaron123@...> wrote:
[...]

Matt Corwin

I personally prefer the aluminum because of the weight difference.
It's good to keep the topside weight down as much as possible.
I have owned both versions and they both have nice appearances

Thank you so much for the notice! Seems like bronze isn't available this time around. Would you recommend aluminum or chrome for saltwater ocean cruising? Same price...

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 7:12 AM Daryl Clark <dlclark@...> wrote:
Greetings,

Just received a flyer from West Marine, they have their TWO FOR ONE / BOGO now on Lewmar winches.

Just in case anyone is looking for a set of winches. Usually includes the lovely bronze beauties we love!
--
Daryl Clark
S/Y Intuition - PSC 31 # 54
Formerly s/y Flicka 433 - Ballo Liscio
S/Y Jackito - Dana 222

--
Thanks,
Elliot

--
1985 Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20

Shel Berkman

Thanks for sending this info out. I received it also today and getting my order together. Good idea to notify all Flicka owner. 👍

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022, 11:12 AM Daryl Clark <dlclark@...> wrote:
Greetings,

Just received a flyer from West Marine, they have their TWO FOR ONE / BOGO now on Lewmar winches.

Just in case anyone is looking for a set of winches. Usually includes the lovely bronze beauties we love!
--
Daryl Clark
S/Y Intuition - PSC 31 # 54
Formerly s/y Flicka 433 - Ballo Liscio
S/Y Jackito - Dana 222

Nick D

FYI, I have Lewmar 40ST which fit just fine on the cockpit coaming and work great! Bronze, of course!   Nick

Matt Corwin

#16  is the only size that properly fits a Flicka.
Lewmar 40's were too big for my Contest 31 that I had many years ago and tried them on for size.
I think a 40 is for 1/2" and up line size

FYI, I have Lewmar 40ST which fit just fine on the cockpit coaming and work great! Bronze, of course!   Nick

Laurence Holden

Oh! Thanks so much Matt! I have original Barlow non tailing but I'm not near boat to check size.

#16  is the only size that properly fits a Flicka.

#16  is the only size that properly fits a Flicka.

#16  is the only size that properly fits a Flicka.

From: Nick D <sailvela@...>
Date: 3/6/22 9:35 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Flicka20@groups.io

Image.jpegImage.jpeg
The 40 st s are visible in these photos from a few other angles. Variant winches of a similar size are in the original specs..    Nick
Get Outlook for iOS

Matt Corwin

in the foreground the original Barlow 15's and second row is earlier version Lewmar 16st on left and Lewmar Ocean 16st on right, behind is Barient 17, a much heavier winch perhaps twice the weight of the alloy Ocean.no tools!

The 40 st s are visible in these photos from a few other angles. Variant winches of a similar size are in the original specs..    Nick
Get Outlook for iOS

John Sandberg

Evo vs Ocean series?

From: "John Sandberg via groups.io" <jksandberg22@...>
Date: 3/6/22 1:45 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Flicka20@groups.io

Evo vs Ocean series?

On Mar 6, 2022, at 9:02 AM, Matt Corwin via groups.io <bongogram@...> wrote:

in the foreground the original Barlow 15's and second row is earlier version Lewmar 16st on left and Lewmar Ocean 16st on right, behind is Barient 17, a much heavier winch perhaps twice the weight of the alloy Ocean.no tools!

in the foreground the original Barlow 15's and second row is earlier version Lewmar 16st on left and Lewmar Ocean 16st on right, behind is Barient 17, a much heavier winch perhaps twice the weight of the alloy Ocean.no tools!

The 40 st s are visible in these photos from a few other angles. Variant winches of a similar size are in the original specs..    Nick
Get Outlook for iOS

Matt Corwin

There is a pair of #30's bronze on ebay for 500 bucks

From: Nick D <sailvela@...>
Date: 3/6/22 9:35 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Flicka20@groups.io