Flicka for sale

M Schroeder

ICW ICW ICW

Michael Schmidtman

For what it's worth, I vote for ICW.  Adventure you'll never forget!!

Mike

*********************************************************************************************************************

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 03:41:06 PM PDT, Ginger Clark <ginger.garnett@...> wrote:

Michael
I remember. She’s a sturdy girl and I miss her. Still figuring out how to get her to S.C. whether to truck her or bring her up through the ICW - Ginger

On Sep 25, 2022, at 5:02 PM, Michael Schmidtman <michael_schmidtman@...> wrote:

Thank you, Ginger.  I appreciate you keeping me posted!

Michael

P.S.  Did I ever tell you that I had the hull lay-up reinforced with an extra layer of mat & roving before finishing the boat.  It just might be the strongest Flicka out there!

***********************************************************************************************************************************

On Friday, September 2, 2022 at 06:23:42 PM PDT, Ginger Clark <ginger.garnett@...> wrote:

Michael
I had two Flickas and if this sale goes through, I’ll be back to having only Corsair—your former Flicka, in Clear Lake, Tx

Ginger

On Sep 2, 2022, at 3:02 PM, Michael Schmidtman <michael_schmidtman@...> wrote:

Hi Ginger!

Did you sell Corsair, or did you have two Flicka's at the same time?

Just curious.  I loved that boat.  I would like to follow it wherever it goes if possible!

Thank you, and I wish you calm seas and brisk wind!

Best Regards,

Michael

On Friday, September 2, 2022 at 04:57:40 AM PDT, Ginger Clark <ginger.garnett@...> wrote:

Hi Christopher
The weather is not southern Ca but neither are the taxes and prices. And the sun here is amazing—like So.Cal! (and water here flows freely)
My boat in LaPaz sold, thank you. (at least verbally) Now to decide whether to sell my other Flicka in Clear Lake, Tx or to keep it and bring it to S.C. via the inter coastal waterway.
Good luck on your search for your own Flicka.
Ginger

On Sep 2, 2022, at 2:47 AM, Christopher Stevenson <christostevenson@...> wrote:

Thanks for update Ginger:
Good luck. Hope it sells.
My brother just moved to N.C.  It is very green and pretty in these parts.. but humid and sticky.

Cheers…

Christopher

On Sep 1, 2022, at 7:09 AM, Ginger Clark <ginger.garnett@...> wrote:

Hi Christopher,
I have an offer and have countered. We’ll see how that goes. Her place in Marina de La Paz is paid for through October so I’m not in a hurry.
I used to drive down to the boat a couple of times a year. Beautiful drive down the Baja Peninsula. And, yes, there is a large multi-national ex-pat contingent living on their boats there. Also a large number of transient sailors using La Paz as a take-off point to explore the beautiful Sea of Cortez. One of my favorite towns.
Not practical to do the drive anymore since I moved from Palos Verdes to South Carolina.
Ginger

On Sep 1, 2022, at 2:25 AM, Christopher Stevenson <christostevenson@...> wrote:

Hi Ginger:  Thanks for the offer. Looks like there's one in my So. CA. area in Long Beach.  Checking it out this weekend.
If it doesn't go thru I'll take a look and see about yours.  La Paz is a bit of a ways ... but a fun place to sail and live.  Do you stay there year round?
Are there retired sailors living on their boats in La Paz?   I suspect so.
--
Christopher S.

--
Christopher S.

Ginger Clark

[...]

That’s exactly my thought. I think it would be a fine adventure, indeed.

On Sep 2, 2022, at 5:31 PM, M Schroeder via groups.io <m44um44u@...> wrote:

Hello Ginger,

I live in Rancho Palos Verdes, but if I lived in NC with a boat in TX, I would definitely try to intercoastal it home.  Sounds like a great adventure!

[...]

Ooops . .    I mean SC

M Schroeder

[...]

Christopher Stevenson

[...]

Morgantheship

Christopher,

You might check also on the Flicka20 group on Facebook. Another good source with many Flicka owners.

Russell
s/v Wren #089

On Aug 30, 2022, at 1:37 PM, Charlie Moon <cfmoon@...> wrote:

 Wasn’t a flicka, but it’s sold

On Aug 30, 2022, at 11:27 AM, Christopher Stevenson <christostevenson@...> wrote:

Hi Charlie:
Is your Flicka still available?  I'm very interested!!  I'm located in So. CA. and missed the chance to purchase on here in Long Beach, CA. for a very good price.
Anyway... I you have some photos to send;  please email to me?  christostevenson@...
Is the trailer road worthy?  I'd have to get someone to drive it down or I'll rent a truck for towing...

Thanks,
Christopher Stevenson

Ginger Clark

Christopher,
If you missed Red Rascal you really did miss one. If you’re looking, I have a Flicka for sale in La Paz, Baja Ca. Not an inboard and no enclosed head but a 1979 PS Flicka
Ginger

On Aug 30, 2022, at 1:28 PM, Christopher Stevenson <christostevenson@...> wrote:

Hi Charlie:
Is your Flicka still available?  I'm very interested!!  I'm located in So. CA. and missed the chance to purchase on here in Long Beach, CA. for a very good price.
Anyway... I you have some photos to send;  please email to me?  christostevenson@...
Is the trailer road worthy?  I'd have to get someone to drive it down or I'll rent a truck for towing...

Thanks,
Christopher Stevenson

Charlie Moon

[...]

Robert Collier

Thank you, Nick.  Yeah, I'll still hang around and put in my 2 cents worth of comments....

On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 07:21:17 PM PDT, Nick D <sailvela@...> wrote:

I enjoyed your book immensely. I shouldn’t be surprised you’re an Eagle Scout. Stay with us. Best Regards,  Nick

Nick D

I enjoyed your book immensely. I shouldn’t be surprised you’re an Eagle Scout. Stay with us. Best Regards,  Nick

SailingWithJosh

Charlie,
Did you sell the Flicka yet? My interest is in the Windpilot and am curious if you would sell that alone. Thanks.
Josh, Sampaguita, #317, Port Townsend.