From: Ivan Kadar
Subject: [Flicka20] Dangerous cockpit bin lid. [1 Attachment]
To: "Flicka20@..." <Flicka20@...>
Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013, 7:54 PM

Some time ago I read here that the cover of the cockpit bin fell and it cut off the finger of our fellow sailor. I built a little gadget which works well. Actually this was the first thing I built for Sans Souci, because I thought this cover is a dangerous thing after bumping my head several times. It's easy to make, although you would have to mount it directly to the boat. I have a stainless steel bar (I built long time ago) which is used for many purposes, one of which is to hold this catch.
Ivan- Sans Souci on the LI  Sound NY

Nick D

The danger of getting hurt by the hatch was one of the first things I noticed and fixed when I got my boat. I installed a hatch holding spring like the West Marine 4914750, page 549 in the 2013 catalog. Works for us. Nick

--- In Flicka20@..., Tom Beall <sbwye@...> wrote:

Very creative and well done.Has anyone tried a comercial door closure that will let the cover down slowly?
Tom, Flicka20#120