2 subjects.....

Kevin Mcgrath <kevinmcgrath730@...>

1. Took the 2 original winches off the cabin top to do deck work. Will clean them up inside and relube them. Can I use something from an outfit like Auto Zone to avoid being West Marined?                                                                                                                     2. Need 5? feet of 1 and a quarter fuel filler hose to replace original hose. My fuel tank has been cut out of the forepeak and is getting pressure tested to see if there are more leaks than the obvious one. Boat was down at the bow at some point in it's long life (1979 boat ) and rust started at the lowest point on the tank. Sites I visited (Paxton) among others want to sell me minimum of 12 and a half feet at big bucks. Any ideas? Thanks.

Lou Backover

1. Finishline Wet Chain Lube. Inexpensive on Amazon and I'm happy with it.

Watch this video first which is how I found it...

2. Sorry I'm no help with the hose, but am interested in answers from others.

Best regards,

Lou Backover
mobile: 215.519.8327
office: 215.551.1780

812 Lombard St, # 28
Philadelphia, PA 19147

From: "Kevin Mcgrath via groups.io" <kevinmcgrath730@...>
Date: 3/31/22 11:13 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Flicka 20 Group <flicka20@groups.io>

1. Took the 2 original winches off the cabin top to do deck work. Will clean them up inside and relube them. Can I use something from an outfit like Auto Zone to avoid being West Marined?                                                                                                                     2. Need 5? feet of 1 and a quarter fuel filler hose to replace original hose. My fuel tank has been cut out of the forepeak and is getting pressure tested to see if there are more leaks than the obvious one. Boat was down at the bow at some point in it's long life (1979 boat ) and rust started at the lowest point on the tank. Sites I visited (Paxton) among others want to sell me minimum of 12 and a half feet at big bucks. Any ideas? Thanks.

Kevin Mcgrath <kevinmcgrath730@...>

I have good quality chain lube on my Yamaha. Stays on for 2 years exposed to the road. Should be good for years covered up in the winches. Good idea. Thanks.