Re: BOWSPRIT

Antonio Martinez

Nick,
Can you elaborate a little on 'light bleach'?  Do you not use any oil at all?
Our toerail was in Cetol but is now partially stripped.  I've pondered continuing with Cetol, changing to Epiphanes, or letting it silver naturally.

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 9:56 AM Nick D <sailvela@...> wrote:
You’d be surprised if you’re careful you can get a polished finished if you hold sharp scraper at 90 degrees. Not tearing at it as with a house scraper. The scraper will only take the hard wood.  I keep the toe rail natural with a light bleach a few times per year with no harm done.