From: Antonio Martinez <middleriverstudio@...>
Date: 10/22/21 5:27 PM (GMT-04:00)
To: Flicka20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Flicka20] Looks for tips on two subjects - heating, and tips #advice

One downside with using the Origio alcohol stove to heat with, is that when cold we of course like to keep the boat buttoned-up.  Alcohol stoves produce CO and should definitely not be used w/out adequate ventilation.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 4:39 PM gabriel warren <gabriel@...> wrote:
Alcohol is also the only fuel whose conflagration is extinguishable with water. Now that we no longer use pressurized fuel tanks, that is to me a pretty overwhelming safety consideration.

On Oct 22, 2021, at 3:22 PM, ED SEITZ via groups.io <ed66here@...> wrote:

<image0.jpeg>
Propane worked great

On Oct 22, 2021, at 2:58 PM, Matt Corwin via groups.io <bongogram@...> wrote:

Alcohol also makes plenty of steam when burned, kerosene is hottest and lowest in moisture, propane next and alcohol a distant third when competing for making the most condensation