Re: Deadlight installation

Trevor Davis

Yeah, just from eye-balling it, my guess is it would be at least mostly blocked by sprit. Or a dink on foredeck! But i still like the idea- that bare forward cabin wall begs for a light.

--- In Flicka20@..., "Nick D" <sailvela@...> wrote:

We just sit on a cushion to see over the cabin top. I think you should check the viewing angle of a forward port. You might just see the deck and bowsprit.
Nick

--- In Flicka20@..., "williwa1" <pkiswee@> wrote:

I'm considering installing a ~12" window/deadlight in either my companionway slider, or on the forward cabin wall. Pros/cons opinions appreciated. I have some 1/2" acrylic (or it could be polycarbonate) i'll be using. I also found a nice bronze guard that will mount over it.