From: Bill Cartwright
To: Flicka20@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Flicka20] Re: Mysterious drain

Daryl,

The purpose of the two valves was to isolate the sink and icebox when underway and open them when at anchorage or at the dock. That was the original design. To put in a vaccum break would require the drains to be extended up to the bottom of the deck (no pump,not a solution)as heeled over with the rails in water could get the water to back up in the sink and ice box as it stands.
I plan on running the icebox drain to the bilge sump so the water can be pumped out by the bilge pump. I plan on running a new hose to the sink drain and putting an extra valve under the sink so it is accessable from the cabinet door below the sink.
The icebox doesn't put out much water (about a gallon per loading) and it would sweeten the bilge of salts as the packing leaks a few drops of saltwater and that would keep the bilge flushed.
your call
bill