From: Daryl <dlclark@...>
Subject: [Flicka20] Re: Groco HF Manual Head
To: Flicka20@...
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2011, 8:14 AM

I ordered the kit through West Marine, should be here later this week. No amount of pumping would bring water into the bowl. But it would flush the contents of the bowl just fine. There are a couple video's on youtube, which helped get a feeling for the work envolved - seems fairly trivial to repair! Expensive kit though!

Launched Ballo Liscio on Wednesday, June 1st and had first sail of the season on Thursday. Started out about 15 knots of wind, then built through the afternoon. What a joy!

Daryl
S/Y Ballo Liscio

--- In Flicka20@..., Michael <michaellaguardia@> wrote:

I had that trouble too, but found if I pumped slowly and with full strokes (couldn't think of a way to write that so it sounded better) it would start to draw again. You an feel the resistance start.

Michael La Guardia
(650)520-6845

On May 29, 2011, at 11:55 AM, "Daryl" <dlclark@> wrote:

So what part of this manual head is defective, if you can pump it dry but cannot pump fresh water into the bowl?

Daryl
S/Y Ballo Liscio - Flicka 433