Re: fuel tank vent?

Nick D

I had this problem in another boat. I took a manual piston type bilge pump and pressed it against the open fuel fill and gave a few pumps to create a vacumm in the tank. The blockage released and everything was fine after that. I've heard tha spiders might build nests in the air vent tubes. regards Nick

--- In Flicka20@..., "pmcinerney69" <pmcinerney69@...> wrote:

It sure sounds like the vent is plugged right around where it exits the tank. That's why you can blow a good bit of air into it and build up pressure. You are going to have to get the fuel level down below where vent comes out of the tank, pull off the hose and determine if the hose is plugged or if it's the outlet in the tank. This isn't rocket science, just basic plumbing.
Good luck.
nial