FlexRadioSmartSDR FlexRadioSmartSDR@groups.ioThis Discussion group is for FLEX radios using the SmartSDR architecture. The new hardware architecture has multiple processors including a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA). The FPGA supports direct Digital Down Conversion of the signal and provides tremendous processing power in the radio. SmartSDR is the software running on the radio controlling it all. The user interface is thin client and network connected. Radios currently include the Signature series models 6300, 6400, 6500, 6600 and 6700. TAGS: Ham radio Amateur radio Flex radio SDR radio
The group is "user owned and operated" and not affiliated with Flex Radio although employees are encouraged to participate. Third party vendors that provide related hardware or software accessories are encouraged to participate.
- The moderators generally don't limit discussions but may close a topic if the postings become repetitive or unproductive.
- The moderators generally don't delete posts but may do so without notice if it violates the guidelines.
- The moderators may delete posts that are off topic so the best course is to start a new topic when you want to go another direction.
Members of the forum can:
- Post questions and share information about about the operation of your radio
- Post questions and share information about interfacing your station peripherals
- Post questions and share information about the SSDR client software ( e.g. SSDR for Windows, iOS, etc)
- Post questions and share information about 3rd party software used with SSDR (e.g. DDUtil, SliceMaster, CW Skimmer, Logging programs, etc)
- Post questions and share information about client devices such as the Maestro, FlexControl and others.
- Create photo ALBUMS and post pictures of your station
- Add to the LINKs section for your web page, other related pages, blogs, vendors links, etc
- Post documents in the FILES section
- Create and Participate in polls (e.g. most wanted features, etc) or suggest ideas for polls you would like to see.
- Post "for sale" and "want to buy" - please request for replies "off the forum"
- Keep it professional, friendly and fun
- No personal attacks, be courteous
- Avoid profanity in your comments and opinions
- Provide your call sign when requesting to join
- Provide your name / call when posting messages
- Use your call sign in the name when creating a photo ALBUM
- Radio support issues and complaints should be directed to one of the Flex company channels. You may discuss issues here but this is not an official FRS channel.
- 1,269 Members
- 1,520 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.