Topics

Sources For Ice Blocks

Bob C <thecitrusbelt@...>

I noticed that Greenway Products makes HO scale ice blocks.  These can be seen at:

http://www.greenwayproducts.com/storeroom/clutter/index.html

about one-third down the page.  This part is #Clutter_02

The size of the blocks is not stated, however, blocks from the various independent ice companies and packing houses did vary in size.

I believe the blocks produced at PFE and Santa Fe ice manufacturing facilities were a little more standardized at about 11" x 22" x 44".  This is probably not that important to Florida modelers, however.

Other sources for ice blocks include:

Tichy Train Group

Part 8172

http://www.tichytraingroup.com/index.php?page=view_product.php&id=554

Alpine Division Scale Models

Part #130-569

www.alpinemodels.com/

JL Innovative Design

Part #191-205

http://www.jlinnovative.com/Catalog.ASP?WCI=DisplayProduct&WCE=%2043545&WCU=8XqB1T4u4KGtXU6QkCEmqAg7CUMpwau7

Creative Model Associates

Part #1012

No longer manufactured. May be available at swap meets

Berkshire Valley

Part #730 (O scale)

www.berkshirevalleyinc.com/bvinc1.html

Bob Chaparro