Topics

Windows users: Here's how to get the Windows 10 Anniversary update immediately

Not all of us have chosen the Mac for our photo work, and while the Windows 10 Anniversary update came out a week ago, you may not see it yet, since the automatic update is staggered. There is however, a way to get it immediately.

Here's the URL

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

(In the future, just remember to Google "windows 10 update history".)

Remember to back up first.

It's a major update, so it will take about an hour to complete.

Jim Kasson

Like Tracy said, remember to back up first. And make sure your backup media is bootable. My upgrade failed in a way that defeated the conventional recovery methods:

http://www.kasson.com/bleeding_edge/?p=2007

Jim

--
Jim Kasson