Topics

Raw photos from your iPhone

Yep: iOS 10 and your iPhone 6s or later can now produce raw* photos. As of today, the only thing I know of that will read them for manipulation is LightRoom on the iPhone. (I could be wrong about the "...only..." part.) In any case, however, it will be a brief moment until others support the iPhone's raw format.

*yes: it's properly written "raw" as in uncooked, not RAW, since it's not an acronym.

I'm going to enjoy seeing if this provides any real benefit.

Your comments greatly appreciated, of course.