Topics

Questions about this board

Jim Kasson

I'm starting a thread for questions about the board itself. Maybe Tracy can help us, and maybe we can help each other.

First question: why is my signature appearing twice at the bottom of posts?

Second question: is there a PM feature here?
--
Jim Kasson

ImageMaker

Blog: blog.kasson.com

Gallery: www.kasson.com

--
Jim Kasson

ImageMaker

Blog: blog.kasson.com

Gallery: www.kasson.com

I can answer both of those with the same reply: I dunno.

I did just discover the site, and start this group less than 72 hours ago, so I'm exploring myself.

In the first post I made, I discovered the double sig, and was actually looking at trying to resolve that when your post came in. When I find the answer, I'll post it in this thread, of course.

As to PM...(pause while I look around...)

(back) - I thought it might be a feature of the paid version, but it's not listed in the Paid Features, so at this point, I can't say if PM (Private Messages) are possible, per se.

I will note that in the posting buttons, below your reply, one of the buttons is "Send to Sender" (as opposed to the "Send to Group" option, so that might be their version.

The paid version of groups.io is only $10 per month, so I may just pay for it, and be done with it, anyway. Today seems to be the day to figure all this stuff out.

Good questions, Jim. Thanks.

Jim Kasson

Thanks for setting this up, Tracy.
--
Jim Kasson

ImageMaker

Blog: blog.kasson.com

Gallery: www.kasson.com

--
Jim Kasson

ImageMaker

Blog: blog.kasson.com

Gallery: www.kasson.com

No problem, Jim. I've put in a support ticket to get the answers to your questions. Also signed up for the paid version. Meanwhile, I'm just deleting out the "pre-filled" sig, that appears in these replies.

One thing I'll continue to post here is new understandings about how this site/board software works.

Here's the first:

When editing a comment, to fix typos for example,  there are two re-publishing buttons, one for save-and-send, and the other just for saving. The difference is that the save-only button just fixes the typos on your already-published post (probably your intent) while the save-and-send not only publishes it, but also causes it to be re-sent to the membership in their daily emails.

I'd suggest that unless you're correcting a major mistake in content, the "save" button, (rather than the save-and-send) is the appropriate choice. (I apologize to those of you who got multiple typo-fix messages before I finally figured this out.)

Edited

Finally, a reply:

Private messaging: not yet, but on the to-do list.

Double sigs: "The double sig is a known issue that we hope to fix in the next day or two."

... and the sig issue has been resolved. Leave the sig that comes up in these text entry forms. If you delete it, no sig will appear at all.