Topics

NIK Lives!

The NIK collection, killed off by Google, has been resurrected, both in it's previous form, and as integrated into new software.

https://nikcollection.dxo.com/

Anybody use the DxO software? Any local reviews or comments?

Cheers,
David

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 9:18 AM Tracy Valleau <tracy@...> wrote:
The NIK collection, killed off by Google, has been resurrected, both in it's previous form, and as integrated into new software.

https://nikcollection.dxo.com/

I've used the DxO Optics Pro on and off, and I like it. I've just upgraded to DxO PhotoLab (with U-Point) and plan on spending some quality time with it over the next few days. I'll report back!  :-)

dcypaa

Hooray! I bought the NIK suite when NIK owned it, and paid $$$ for it. Was a bit dismayed when Google took it over and offered it at NC. Suspected that they would slowly kill it off so it wouldn't interfere with other s/w they owned or planned to own.

I hope DXO plans to offer it for computer platforms as well as for phones.

JEL

Currently, DxO offers the original NIK set (as from Google) and DxO PhotoLab, which integrates it. The original is 32-bit, but I'm hoping they will upgrade it to 64 bit soon(ish). PhotoLab is already 64-bit, but it's a paid application. (And pretty good, IMHO.)

I am not aware of any iOS version from DxO. AFAIK, their only iOS product is for their camera, DxO One.