Topics

Mattes may be a thing of the past, along with green-screens

Adobe is working on a neural net application that may make one of the most tedious of all processes, trivial.

No more painstaking matte creation to lift out part of an image?

Check this out!

Link - click here

That IS a very tedious process! I look forward to this new tool. Is there a 3rd party plug-in or app you currently like to use for this type of work?

On Apr 20, 2017, at 10:25 AM, Tracy Valleau <tracy@...> wrote:

Adobe is working on a neural net application that may make one of the most tedious of all processes, trivial.

No more painstaking matte creation to lift out part of an image?

Check this out!

Link - click here

I wish I did enough of it to pick a favorite, Steve. These days, like noise-reduction software, it's gotten to the point where the difference between A and B is more a matter of preference than any quality/ease-of-use thing. They all operate pretty much the same way (with the exception of FluidMask.)

Masking in ON1 is a standard example. (This used to be Perfect Remask, and is now integrated as a module of their new Raw software app.)

Topaz ReMask is another decent option.

There is nothing special about this software: a mask is a mask is a mask, so you an use whatever creates the mask best for you. "Find edges" may be suitable in some cases, while KnowHowTransfer plugins (which I love) may work fine in other cases.

Those are the four I actually own, although I may have another one or two that have slipped my mind.

As I said, I wish I  had a magic bullet for you. I don't.

Phenomenal technology when available and could be even more powerful when used with the move tool!
No more technical hurdle to be creative :-)

Oliver Klink
• AIPAD Exhibit with ClampArt Gallery, New York (March 30 - April 2)
• Triton Museum Group Show, Santa Clara, CA (March 11 - April 23)
*Critical Mass Top 50 artists Exhibit - MoP Denver, CO (April 7 - May 2)
• ”Best of the Best” Emerging Fine Art Photographers 2016 - BWGallerist