Topics

looking for a photo gallery app for iPad/iPhone

Maybe I'm just old and blind, but I've spent several hours trying to find a photo gallery app for iOS devices that does NOT use Apple's Photos or "Pictures" directory. I've got a bunch of photos I'd like to have to show folks when they ask. Want to be able to update them as time goes by of course, but then have just a simple swipe slide show.

The actual images need to NOT be in "Photos" and NOT uploaded to iCloud,  and generally be independent of Apple's "my-way-or-the-highway" mentality. I don't want photos of my cat cluttering up things; I don't want the images "helpfully" sorted into days or face recognition or location.

I just want a simple slideshow of my images that -I- get to control.

Why is that so hard?

Please advise if you have suggestions  that fit my needs.  Thanks!

www.valleau.art

I know the feeling. I finaly resorted to MS PowerPoint - sorta like taking a howitzer to the local target range.

Cheers,
David

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018, 20:58 Tracy Valleau <tracy@...> wrote:
Maybe I'm just old and blind, but I've spent several hours trying to find a photo gallery app for iOS devices that does NOT use Apple's Photos or "Pictures" directory. I've got a bunch of photos I'd like to have to show folks when they ask. Want to be able to update them as time goes by of course, but then have just a simple swipe slide show.

The actual images need to NOT be in "Photos" and NOT uploaded to iCloud,  and generally be independent of Apple's "my-way-or-the-highway" mentality. I don't want photos of my cat cluttering up things; I don't want the images "helpfully" sorted into days or face recognition or location.

I just want a simple slideshow of my images that -I- get to control.

Why is that so hard?

Please advise if you have suggestions  that fit my needs.  Thanks!

www.valleau.art

Mary Aiu

Have you looked at Squarespace Portfolio app?

On Nov 24, 2018, at 9:16 PM, David Clarkson <david@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Tracy,

What I like:
I create publish folders in LR, export images to folders to my desktop (folder name= gallery name).
I add pdf files (artist statement, price, cover page, etc.)
Then sync folders (on desktop) with Portfolio
In Portfolio, I re-order galleries (based on what I want to show up at top of list)

When I show images to clients, I can make note directly on each image (Note section) and either email images then or later. Typically I like later, so I can add my digital signature (I use instead of formal copyright) and reduce the image size (as they are uploaded as high res files for best viewing and enlargement on iPhone/iPad)

Notes:
I rename my images with a numeric number first (two digits), so it is easy to sort the images in Portfolio.
I resize my images based on the max resolution of iPhone or iPad (google your phone for resolution).
When I upgrade my iPhone, I can change the export size in LR and easily re-upload images to new phone.

I have over 500 images loaded in 30+ galleries. No issue.

Let me know if you have additional questions …. Oliver.

Oliver Klink – 408-910-6701 – OliverKlinkPhotography.com

Black and White Photographer of the Year 2018
Critical Mass Top 50 artists - 2018 & 2016
People’s Choice Award, Black and White Magazine 2017
Seeing in Sixes Top 50 artists by LensWork - 2017

On Nov 24, 2018, at 8:58 PM, Tracy Valleau <tracy@...> wrote:

Maybe I'm just old and blind, but I've spent several hours trying to find a photo gallery app for iOS devices that does NOT use Apple's Photos or "Pictures" directory. I've got a bunch of photos I'd like to have to show folks when they ask. Want to be able to update them as time goes by of course, but then have just a simple swipe slide show.

The actual images need to NOT be in "Photos" and NOT uploaded to iCloud,  and generally be independent of Apple's "my-way-or-the-highway" mentality. I don't want photos of my cat cluttering up things; I don't want the images "helpfully" sorted into days or face recognition or location.

I just want a simple slideshow of my images that -I- get to control.

Why is that so hard?

Please advise if you have suggestions  that fit my needs.  Thanks!

www.valleau.art

bcoggin@...

I use Lightroom Classic and the LR app. I create an album under the collections tab and then sync. It appears on the app, you can make slideshows and only the images you select are in the collection or slideshow. You can also share it as a webpage.

Thanks folks. I'm going to give Oliver's suggestion a try. It comes the closest to my criteria.

Good suggestions, one and all.

and... Happy Holidays!

www.valleau.art