Topics

LensWork's Seeing in Sixes Competition

I entered this competition, and I’m curious if anyone else did too? I wanted something conceptually stronger than changing seasons, but I couldn’t think of anything and before I knew it the deadline (today, June 15) was upon me. I entered 6 states of a vineyard alternating between landscape-macro-landscape-macro-landscape-aerial.

I missed it, Steve... but it would be nice to see what you chose. In any case, good luck!  :-)

Hi Steve,
Good luck to you!!! I think it is a great opportunity. I entered 3 series, two from my "Speed of Light" series that feature camera movement creating various levels of abstraction on a given subject and one called "Aqua Circumitus' featuring images of water in various states from clouds to raindrops, to ice - solid, liquid, and gas. You are right it is challenging to think of creative collections of images that work together in a theme. Can't wait to see the book.
Debbie Achen

Aqua Circumitus sounds like the concept I wish I thought of! Yep, the book should be pretty cool.

I entered as well, figuring what the heck, at least I'll get a good book out of it. Mine was called "Along the Border", 6 long-exposure shots of where land and sea meet.
--
Matt Connors

ImageMaker

www.inadvertentartist.com

Jeff Grant

I entered with a series of abstracts from patterns of bacteria on sawn logs after Cyclone Ita in NZ in 2014, and another on a local lake which has been restored after a dam wall collapse. I’m looking forward to the book, whether I’m in or not.

Cheers,
Jeff

These are all very creative approaches to the project, and I hope to see them all in the book!

Did any of you get in? I was not surprised to receive the very polite "thanks, but no thanks" email this evening.
--
Matt Connors

ImageMaker

www.inadvertentartist.com

Me too, passed over. Looking forward to receiving the catalog.

Same here. :( But the book should be very interesting.

halgage

I am happy and humbled to say I was accepted into the Seeing in Sixes book project. I only know of one other person that got in and she is also from Alaska. Both bodies of work are closeup detail type, B&W image projects. I don’t know if Brooks will send out a list of accepted artists before the book is released or not. My condolences to all that weren’t selected… keep working and keep submitting. Congratulations to the other 48 artists. I look forward to seeing your work.

Hal Gage
Anchorage, Alaska

Hal

Congratulations! I very much look forward to seeing your work!

Matt