Topics

JPEG 2000

I still see JPEG2000 as a file choice in Photoshop. It would now be 16 years old. Has anyone ever used it or have a use for it? Just curious.
--
Mark

stillrivereditions.com

Jim Kasson

JPEG 2000 is a wavelet-based (instead of discrete cosine transform) approach that is in general better than the 1992 JPEG. However, most would say that there are better keyboard layouts than QWERTY, but what does the keyboard in front of you look like? Ps can read and write JPEG 2000, but Lr can do neither. I'll bet your IP address is four numbers between 0 and 255 separated by dots, too.

Browser compatibility:

Safari: Basic only?

Firefox: Basic, with extensions

Chrome: Neither basic nor advanced