Topics

Great PSD file for checking your monitor.

Here:

http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com/monitorchecker/

is a great Photoshop file, with several layers, each of which you can view on your monitor as an aid in determining how well your monitor is calibrated and profiled.

Highly recommended.

Free, but requires an email sign-up. I joined them several years ago, and get an email once every blue moon.

(Oh, and if you're of a mind, join and make a contribution while you're there...)

I've seen, and probably have, some variations on this, over the years, but here everything is in one nice place. Links to similar useful files would be appreciated in replies, if you have them.

Rick Verbanec

Thanks, Tracy.

Very interesting and gratifying check on calibration.  While I have generally good results, I do notice considerable sensitivity in the gamma squares to viewing angle on the monitors.

Rick
sent from Yahoo Mail

is a great Photoshop file, with several layers, each of which you can view on your monitor as an aid in determining how well your monitor is calibrated and profiled.
Highly recommended.
Free, but requires an email sign-up. I joined them several years ago, and get an email once every blue moon.
(Oh, and if you're of a mind, join and make a contribution while you're there...)
I've seen, and probably have, some variations on this, over the years, but here everything is in one nice place. Links to similar useful files would be appreciated in replies, if you have them.

Aha! So it's not just me. :-) Thanks for pointing it out.

Tracy
www.valleau.gallery

Tracy Valleau, moderatorImagemakerswww.valleau.gallery