Topics

Flat field Nikon lens for copy work

Looking for any suggestions on best lens for copy work, approx 11”x14” artwork at approx 3 feet shooting distance. A 50mm works good but too much “curve”. A 60mm macro will not focus at 3 feet. Looked into using an enlarging lens but can not figure out what helicoil I would need with which focal length enlarging lens?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark

stillrivereditions.com ( https://stillrivereditions.com )

Bob at ProARTPRINTS

Mark,

I’ve used a Nikon 85mm on a D850 and DXO PhotoLab for optical correction with satisfying results. I frequently use this setup and for larger art works simply shift the camera and stitch the files together. Alignment is most important.

Bob

On Nov 27, 2018, at 6:31 AM, Mark Savoia <mark@...> wrote:

Looking for any suggestions on best lens for copy work, approx 11”x14” artwork at approx 3 feet shooting distance. A 50mm works good but too much “curve”. A 60mm macro will not focus at 3 feet. Looked into using an enlarging lens but can not figure out what helicoil I would need with which focal length enlarging lens?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark

stillrivereditions.com ( https://stillrivereditions.com )

--
Bob Seidel
imediaMagic llc

5590 Gleneagles Dr.
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
(208) 524-0926

Bob is using the same setup as I use, (although I'm jealous of his 850... I still have an 800).

I copy artworks using that setup, although you will be more than 3 feet away.

If you find a great solution, Mark, let us know!

Tracy
www.valleau.art

www.valleau.art

Well it turns out I had the switch on the side of the 60mm lens set incorrectly, it can focus at 3 feet. My tests are showing a better “flat” field then my 50mm.

Thanks for the suggestions and since today is Giving Tuesday, Bob, I have no issues with you giving me your 850 ;)

Mark