Re: Back up storage

Thank you to everyone who responded. After a bit more work I signed up with Crash Plan. First backup underway now running both the desktop and laptop. If I learn anything of interest I will pass it along.
Cheers,
David

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 9:36 AM Tracy Valleau <tracy@...> wrote:

Mark's suggestion of cloud storage is a good one. There are lots to choose from. (I bought unlimited online storage from Amazon. I think it was $69 per year.)

One thing I neglected to mention regarding your drives is this: the more full a drive becomes, the slower writes will be. For a general running drive, leaving at least 10% free is wise. Trying to write data to drives that are basically full, even if you "delete a few files to make room," will be far slower than copying the same files to a drive that is, say, 50% full.