Re: Back up storage

If you are on Mac - ChronoSync and ChronoAgent (http://www.econtechnologies.com/chronosync/overview.html). With Agent you can have automatic scheduling.

Your backup speed is also function of your drive connectivity. Having USB 3.0 drives or even Thunderbolt will likely reduce your backup time.
I currently have over 80TB of data at my house. Managing it tends to be challenging, especially when you have to move around data because you run out of storage ;-(
I would also recommend evaluating RAID system, so you protect your data against hardware failure.

Good luck … Oliver.

Oliver Klink
Art Ark Gallery, Artists’ Talk June 23, 2016 *NEW IMAGES*
June 2 - August 5, San Jose, California

*55Inches Exhibit - Abstraction Meets Reality Exhibit
Saratoga Library, Saratoga, CA
July 6 - September 5, 2016

*Festival de La Luz - Grand Opening of Consequences
Buenos Aires, Argentina
August 8 - September 30, 2016

On Jun 20, 2016, at 8:28 PM, David Clarkson <david@...> wrote:

I am facing limits on both my active file and back up storage capabilities. I may very well exceed the limits on one or both within the next two months.

My last full base back up required almost 20 hours to complete 2T of data. This seems a bit unreasonable to me. While adding storage seems simple, the back up times present more problems. (Cloud storage appears to be too slow and expensive.) I have an open hard drive shelf in my Dell 8700. I can also swap my existing 4T for an 8T external drive. Installing either or both seems easy.

Can anyone provide advice for faster, yet dependable and secure, back up software?

Your thoughts or experience would be helpful.

Cheers,

David Clarkson