Re: Reducing texture in scan of old photograph #reduce_texture

Since polarizing filters don't fit on scanners, try scanning twice, once with the image vertical, and once horizontal. Rotate one, and align as layers in Photoshop. Simply setting the top layer to 50 transparency will already reduce the problem, but creating a mask, possibly from the difference mode, or some other technique that will look for what differs between the two, and remove it, would be your best bet.

C. David Tobie
Senior Project Manager
Workflow & Color

Durst Phototechnik AG
Julius-Durst-Strasse 4
39042 Brixen, Italy
Telefon +39 04 72 81 01 11
Telefax +39 04 72 81 01 32
VAT Nr.: 00848170213
www.durst-online.com
Email: cdtobie@...
skype: CDTobie

On Jun 4, 2016, at 7:55 AM, Mark Savoia <mark@...> wrote:

I did look at that option but it was way too confusing on how to use. You would think Adobe would have some filter by now, there must be plenty of people who have a need for this feature.

On Jun 4, 2016, at 7:48 AM, dcypaa <dcypaa@...> wrote:

Mark,

I have the same problem. Have not found a satisfactory solution yet. Don't currently have access to Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), but have read elsewhere this is the best solution so far. Anyone know of a source for FFT that isn't too expensive?

dana

--
Mark

stillrivereditions.com