sticky Re: What is the Fine Art Photography group about?

Edited

I've been OTA (Off The Air) for the past couple of days, getting the text of my talk to the CPA back in January into PDF form (at the request of quite a few people. I apologize for taking so long... It's nearly done - probably later tonight or tomorrow.)

I'm delighted to see so many new members. Since I get to see the registrations as they come it, I'm also delighted at the quality of the artists showing up here.

Thank you! :-)

Please spread the word, especially to students and other beginners. Everyone is welcome.

I'd also like to point out that this is not "my" group; it belongs to all of us, and is not a soliloquy, but a discussion and free-ranging chat.

Yes: I'm doing a lot of the responding, and frankly I feel a bit guilty about that. I pretty much live at my computer, so I see the questions as they come it. I'm trying to find the balance between the needs of a new group (where people may be a bit shy) and providing timely responses.

I certainly do NOT want to become "the answer guy" - that is at least partly why we are ALL here. So, I'll keep an eye on things, while trying to leave room for people who get daily updates, to respond first. That's only fair. If things seem to be slowing down, I'll try to pump in a new thread, or further thought, at least until the ball gets rolling.

In short: do not hesitate, folks - jump right in: the water is fine.

Apropos of all that, I just added the "Photoshop Tips" thread, and kicked it off with a tip about removing the dreaded halos from over-sharpening.

Once again: welcome and thank you!