CPA -- thread drift alert

Jim Kasson

Thanks for the information on your methodology. I appreciate that.

WRT the CPA,  I was repeating what the staff had told me. They said that they'd get the site running again, and it would run for a while, then shut down, and they thought it had to be malware. Glad to know it wasn't a hack. However, if it was just data growth to the limits of the account settings imposed by the hosting company, why did it take months to restore it? Yesterday, I opened a chat window with my hosting company (Media Temple, which used to be the CPA's hosting company) , ordered a change in my limits, and, in less than a minute, saw my RAM go from 4GB to 8GB, and my disk (actually, SSD; my account doesn't use spinning rust)  space go from 50 GB to 100GB I couldn't see my monthly comm allotment go from 2 TB to 5 TB, but I'm pretty sure it happened.

If for some reason that couldn't be done, why not restore from a backup to a bigger server?

And, if it was just a space thing, why rewrite the code from scratch? Or did I get that wrong, too?

Jim
--
Jim Kasson

ImageMaker