Feline Small Cell Lymphoma Feline_Smallcell_Lymphoma@groups.io
IMPORTANT: AFTER APPLYING FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THIS GROUP, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING SPAM AND FORUM UPDATES CATEGORIES) FOR BRIEF A QUESTIONNAIRE REQUIRING AN EMAIL REPLY. THANK YOU!
A gathering place for caretakers of cats with known or suspected small cell lymphoma (SCL), as well as veterinary professionals, for discussion, information, and support. Also known as low-grade or lymphocytic lymphoma, SCL often presents identically to IBD, including nausea and/or diarrhea, and sometimes just weight loss. It is treated with mild, every-other-week, oral chemotherapy and daily prednisolone and has a very high full remission rate and a years-long average prognosis with excellent quality of life.
Formed in 2014 as the first group dedicated to feline small cell lymphoma, the group is strongly geared towards evidence-based medicine, is up to date on the latest treatment protocols, and has "seen" more SCL cats, and suspected SCL cats, than most veterinarians. Our goal is to help cat caretakers become better educated and better partners with their vets as they navigate through diagnosis and treatment of this highly treatable disease.
Join us to learn more.
Information in this group is for educational purposes only and not a substitute for your own veterinarian's advice.
(We also have a small Facebook group with the same name, but it is used mainly to direct people to this group.)
The group is dedicated to Charlie. =^..^= b. May 1, 1999 d. Dec.28, 2015 RIP
- 271 Members
- 1,949 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Topics are automatically closed after 45 days.