Topics

FUNcube Rotation & Flip

David Johnson

Hi,

Since launch the team have observed the spin of the satellite based on the panel temperatures.

The graphs and data have been collated by Colin Hurst VK5HI & Terry McCarthy VK5GU for which we are extremely grateful!

We have speculated why the satellite spins up and down and occasionally flips the direction of spin.

Recently Jason Flynn, G7OCD found a YouTube video that might explain the flip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VPfZ_XzisU

The spin rate change is still a mystery but we have proposed:

If you have any other thoughts we would love to have them.

73

Dave, G4DPZ
FUNcube Team Member