Topics

Pinout Explanaton Please

Papi

Thanks Steve. I'm not doing anything right away but your info is great to know. Do you know whether this TXreq also changes the mode to any CW carrier (rtty, cw, etc) when it's pulled low? I am aware that you can do all this via CAT control with the proper commends but sure would like to have it "automatic" (power and mode). I'm actually looking at the LDG AT-600 ProII tuner that supposedly does this via the pin #11. Yup, sure would have been nice to know. Appreciate your effort! 73

Steve

Hi....  Me again.  Pulled the 15 pin linear plug, took it apart, and YES.  Pin 11 gets grounded to Pin 15 through a little switch.  Makes it very easy to send a low power signal to the tuner to get the SWR adjusted.  Read this in a forum long ago, but have not seen any Yaesu documentation of this anywhere.
Best 73, Steve KH6CT

Steve

OK, Papi, please don't do anything yet.  Today I'll get behind my radio and make sure it's pin 11 that goes to ground.  Will get back to you soonest.  Steve KH6CT

Papi

THANKS Steve. I'd say you're right on the mark. Sounds logical...and very useful. Gee...Why don't they tell you this in the manual? It might make things much more useful.Maybe they want to sell more "service" manuals...LOL Thanks again. Any rebuttals? Or additional info?

Steve

Hi Papi...  Been a while since I did this, but think I have an answer.  I took a 15 pin plug and connected a two-wire cable to the pins which would mate up to the Tx Req and to a ground on the linear port.  Ran this cable out front to connect to a momentary ON pushbutton switch in a little project box.  Pressing the button causes the 3000 to send a carrier tuning signal to my external antenna tuner.  Menu 178 allows you to set the maximum power sent to the tuner; mine is set for 10 watts.  Don't forget to set Menu 179 to External.  As I mentioned before, my answer may not be correct, so you may want to wait for another operator's answer.  73 Steve KH6CT

Papi

On the LINEAR port there is a "TX req"...presumably Transmit Request? Just what are we requesting here and how would this pin be used for an external automatic tuner? Is it more than just a "go to TX" item that would also talk to the 3000 perhaps to lower power and change modes? Any info appreciated.