From: "aff.k3yz via groups.io" <aff.k3yz@...>
Sent: 7/3/2021 11:07:36 AM
Subject: [FTDX101D] YPS-DX101D programmer for an FTDX101D

I am considering buying the YPS-DX101D programming software for a new FTDX101D. I assume it’s easier to set up the rig via this package than directly on the rig. Anyone using it? Any issues or software bugs? Any issues with transceiver compatibility?

Thanks,

K3YZ

Lou W7HV

Agree. Setting up the rig on the rig is fairly straightforward.  Also agree that going through each menu and menu item and referencing the manual (and asking here when necessary) to understand them is key.  Certainly some may not be pertinent to your current situation, but just having a general idea of what's there is good.

DM4YY

Hello, I bought the program! You don't need it for a back up. It helps to program all the memories and configure all the parameters on each tape individually. Who wants to save and program a lot can buy it. Otherwise you can save it. It is a good tool and who buys such an expensive transceiver can probably afford it. 73 Michael DM4YY