YPS-DX101D programmer for an FTDX101D

Allan Falcoff

I am considering buying the YPS-DX101D programming software for a new FTDX101D. I assume it’s easier to set up the rig via this package than directly on the rig. Anyone using it? Any issues or software bugs? Any issues with transceiver compatibility?

Thanks,

K3YZ

Gary Schwartz

I took a look at this software.  As a memory manager, it would be a terrific tool.  That said, there is nothing difficult about setting the memories in the radio.  And it does store your complete setup, so I can't see where the software is adding any functionality.  Before you set a contour control or any other control, you need to understand what it does.  That software doesn't help.  Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on it.  Spending time exploring every button and function will pay huge dividends.  Use the manual as a reference guide when you run into trouble.  Save your settings to an SD card.  

Gary
K3OS

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 7/3/2021 11:07:36 AM
Subject: [FTDX101D] YPS-DX101D programmer for an FTDX101D

I am considering buying the YPS-DX101D programming software for a new FTDX101D. I assume it’s easier to set up the rig via this package than directly on the rig. Anyone using it? Any issues or software bugs? Any issues with transceiver compatibility?

Thanks,

K3YZ

Lou W7HV

Agree. Setting up the rig on the rig is fairly straightforward.  Also agree that going through each menu and menu item and referencing the manual (and asking here when necessary) to understand them is key.  Certainly some may not be pertinent to your current situation, but just having a general idea of what's there is good.

DM4YY

Hello, I bought the program! You don't need it for a back up. It helps to program all the memories and configure all the parameters on each tape individually. Who wants to save and program a lot can buy it. Otherwise you can save it. It is a good tool and who buys such an expensive transceiver can probably afford it. 73 Michael DM4YY