When MONO selected in USB mode: After each TX radio goes to next band stack. Bug?

PA7TWO - Kees

Edited

Have setup DiGi mode here using the data port on the back of the radio and use USB mode (this to be able to use the extra RX bandwidth).

The phenomenon: When I select both receivers to be displayed om the TFT screen and I TX with JTDX in FT8 mode, the band stack is not changed and all is fine. However, when I touch MONO on the display and TX with JTDX, the next band stack is selected. This repeats each time I TX.

When I use the USB cable direct between laptop and radio and I select MONO, during TX with JTDX the second meter is removed from  the TFT screen. Very inconvenient as that meter is in use for ALC or SWR metering.

When radio is connected via the Yaesu SCU-17 interface and MONO is DE-selected the phenomenon/bug is even worse. When TX, the VFO B LEDs lit up briefly, the TFT screen turns White briefly and after a split second the radio start to TX in expected VFO A.

What am I doing wrong here? Is this a bug in JTDX or?

BILL KENNAMER

I’d suspect a bug in JTDX. Works fine with WSJT using DXCommander for radio control.

On Monday, May 25, 2020, 4:37 PM, PA7TWO - Kees <pa7two@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Have setup DiGi mode here using the data port on the back of the radio and use USB mode (this to be able to use the extra RX bandwidth).

The phenomenon: When I select both receivers to be displayed om the TFT screen and I TX with JTDX in FT8 mode, the band stack is not changed and all is fine. However, when I touch MONO on the display and TX with JTDX, the next band stack is selected. This repeats each time I TX.

What am I doing wrong here? Is this a bug in JTDX or?

PA7TWO - Kees

Thanks for quick reply. I will inform Igor from JTDX accordingly.

Anyone else experience the same phenomenon?

PA7TWO - Kees

A HAMLIB problem according to the response. Hope they fix this soon.

Richard Lawn

I bought my 101d less than a week ago and am starting to get my head around the various setups and controls. Previously I used an ic7610.

yesterday I devoted time to trying to set up for digital modes using HRD DM780 and wsjtx. In another post I documented a bug apparently in HRD which was known. But I also learned that if I’m operating in a digital mode using Digital-U and mono band the ALC SWR meter on the right disappears. If my conclusion is correct this is a terrible bug. You must be able to monitor ALC for digital mode operation or how else would you know if you are overdriving the radio. Somebody please tell me I’m doing something wrong

With these bugs showing up I’m half tempted to return this radio to HRO and go back to using my 7610. Or do I wait out the long awaited release of new firmware and assume these critical issues will be addressed? That’s the $3000 question

Rick, W2JAZ

Lou W7HV

I believe when in MONO, you can tap the Filter Function Display on the screen and the second meter will be displayed and can be set to ALC.

G2AXQ

Try touching the filter display if you have it enlarged

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021, 14:24 Richard Lawn, <rjlawn@...> wrote:

[...]

Noel Gauntlett

Wouldn't blame you if you returned it.  I've had mine less than 2 weeks also and I am so disappointed I too am considering not keeping it.  There is almost no control of the ALC on my radio and no amount of mike gain will make the ALC change.   There also seems to be a delay in the meter's movement when set to ALC.  Researching the issue I find that there was an ALC overshoot problem that I was unaware of previously.  Yaesu then applied some "fix" and some people had to send their rigs back to have the fix applied.  Yeasu then applied the "fix" to all the other radios before being sold.  I think that fix may have fixed the overshoot but it may also have made the ALC/mike gain not work like it should.  No way to know unless you had one before the "ALC fix" and after.   All I know is, it doesn't work right as of now.

I will be calling Yaesu on Monday before I decide if I am going to keep this rig. Because honestly I feel like I'm paying alot of money to be a beta tester.

N.

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 10:24 AM Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:

[...]

GW4DVB

Until we get a reasonable, long awaited, Firmware update – we have all been Beta Testers – Shame on Yaesu !!!

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 06:34 PM, Noel Gauntlett wrote:
There is almost no control of the ALC on my radio and no amount of mike gain will make the ALC change.
My MP was built it Jan 01 and ALC works as expected and as it should.  IDK if there were any hardware changes.  But, this is not related to the current quesiton, which, until W2JAZ (nice call!) responds, could be an actual bug or problem with his specific radio, or just be a user error.

Noel Gauntlett

Could be user error.  I've only been using yaesu rigs for 30 plus years or so.  What do know about turning the mike gain up.