From: "Don Blachura via groups.io" <haircutter@...>
Date: 6/15/21 12:31 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: FTDX101D@groups.io
Subject: [FTDX101D] upgrade

Can anyone help me upgrade my ft-101d. I found out how to format it ,but can figure out how to load upgrade from yaesu .com to sd card for rig

Don..w2xb

Jim Jerzycke

Yaesu has several help guides available, but basically, you download the files to your PC, transfer them to the SD card, insert the SD card in the radio, and select "Firmware Update" in the "Extension Setting" menu.

73, Jim  KQ0EA

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 1:31:30 PM MDT, Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter@...> wrote:

Can anyone help me upgrade my ft-101d. I found out how to format it ,but can figure out how to load upgrade from yaesu .com to sd card for rig

Don..w2xb

Carl Yaffey

Carl Yaffey  K8NU
614 268 6353, Columbus OH
http://www.carl-yaffey.com
http://www.bluesswing.com
http://www.timbrewolvesband.com
http://www.folkramblers.carl-yaffey.com
Http:www.clintonvillegrass.com

On Jun 15, 2021, at 3:31 PM, Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter@...> wrote:

Can anyone help me upgrade my ft-101d. I found out how to format it ,but can figure out how to load upgrade from yaesu .com to sd card for rig

Don..w2xb

Morgan Bailey

Easy peasy instructions. No fail way to do it...

Best 73, Morgan NJ8M

BS + MS + $2.98 = COFFEE
Real Life Experience = Priceless, says the man who set his back yard on fire with a breadboard tuner loading a 160 meter inverted L with 1000 watts. LOL

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 2:31 PM Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Can anyone help me upgrade my ft-101d. I found out how to format it ,but can figure out how to load upgrade from yaesu .com to sd card for rig

Don..w2xb

Don Blachura

my problem was no sd card reader in my desk top, so went to laptop. Now all is good to go

Tu very much for the help

Don..w2xb

Jim Jerzycke

Good to hear! I have several USB card readers of various types, as I use several different card sizes.

Let us know if you see any improvements from the new firmware.

73, Jim  KQ0EA

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 4:57:51 PM MDT, Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter@...> wrote:

my problem was no sd card reader in my desk top, so went to laptop. Now all is good to go

Tu very much for the help

Don..w2xb

Rejean Leveille

Hi,
The SD card MUST be formatted with the radio and not with any computer.
Of course after downloading the compressed file, yes you can unzip them with your computer, then to transfer them on your DS card inside the FTdx101 directory files.
The radio will just install the new required one.

73, Rejean, va2am

Lou W7HV

Yep.  My notebook computer only takes micro SD cards (seems most do).  They've worked FB on the FTDX101 with an adapter.

surfside1999

Hi Group ...

I downloaded the May FW last evening, without incident.

The rig is an October 2020 production and the April 2021 FW had not been loaded.

The firmware loading document on the YAESU website is excellent!

Nice job YAESU on addressing these specific items.

John
WA4AIP
ARRL CHARTER LIFE MEMBER
         50 Years Hamming!

On Jun 15, 2021, at 6:52 PM, Rejean Leveille <rejva2am@...> wrote:

Hi,
The SD card MUST be formatted with the radio and not with any computer.
Of course after downloading the compressed file, yes you can unzip them with your computer, then to transfer them on your DS card inside the FTdx101 directory files.
The radio will just install the new required one.

73, Rejean, va2am

Jim Jerzycke

I did mine last night. Very easy to do. Only two of the firmware files in the downloaded file had newer dates than what was in the radio, and it went without a hitch.

73, Jim  KQ0EA

On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 9:12:31 AM MDT, surfside1999 via groups.io <wa4aip@...> wrote:

Hi Group ...

I downloaded the May FW last evening, without incident.

The rig is an October 2020 production and the April 2021 FW had not been loaded.

The firmware loading document on the YAESU website is excellent!

Nice job YAESU on addressing these specific items.

John
WA4AIP
ARRL CHARTER LIFE MEMBER
         50 Years Hamming!

On Jun 15, 2021, at 6:52 PM, Rejean Leveille <rejva2am@...> wrote:

Hi,
The SD card MUST be formatted with the radio and not with any computer.
Of course after downloading the compressed file, yes you can unzip them with your computer, then to transfer them on your DS card inside the FTdx101 directory files.
The radio will just install the new required one.

73, Rejean, va2am

Albert Crespo

This video will guide you through the upgrade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPecN7bh5xc

On 15/06/2021 19:31:30, Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter@...> wrote:

Can anyone help me upgrade my ft-101d. I found out how to format it ,but can figure out how to load upgrade from yaesu .com to sd card for rig

Don..w2xb

Vee - W7IBB

This YouTube video is very well done and very hopeful.  Thanks Albert Crespo for sharing it with us.

One question:  I have not updated the firmware on my FTDX-101D for over a year, really haven’t seen a need to, as it has been working fine for me.

I want to update it now to the latest firmware. Will this update bring my two year old FTDX-101D up to date without installing earlier updates to the firmware?  I suspect it will.

Thanks

Vee W7IBB
veehbj@...

--
Vee - W7IBB

Morgan Bailey

yes and the noise reduction, DNR is now way more awesome. It alone is worth the update.

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 11:59 AM Vee - W7IBB <veehbj@...> wrote:
This YouTube video is very well done and very hopeful.  Thanks Albert Crespo for sharing it with us.

One question:  I have not updated the firmware on my FTDX-101D for over a year, really haven’t seen a need to, as it has been working fine for me.

I want to update it now to the latest firmware. Will this update bring my two year old FTDX-101D up to date without installing earlier updates to the firmware?  I suspect it will.

Thanks

Vee W7IBB
veehbj@...

--
Vee - W7IBB

Vee - W7IBB

Meant to say "helpful" above and not "hopeful".  Maybe both apply, but I found it very helpful.

--
Vee - W7IBB