serial cable

Don Blachura

I am waiting for fedex to deliver my  ft101d. Been reading the manual and can't find what type
serial to usb cable type to use to connect rig to my computer.

Don..w2xb

Barry D. Jacobson

Best to use USB A to B cable. If you need RS232, others here could advise.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021, 7:04 AM Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I am waiting for fedex to deliver my  ft101d. Been reading the manual and can't find what type
serial to usb cable type to use to connect rig to my computer.

Don..w2xb

Don Blachura

TU Barry,

Don..w2xb

ray sylvester nr1r

before you turn radio on with computer attached go to yaesu web site and install virtual comport program

Lou W7HV

Yep. And I recommend checking that it has latest firmware installed. It almost certainly does but it was released only a month ago. Here's how to check:

https://groups.io/g/FTDX101D/message/8410

Hi

I used it for a long time (due to SiLabs delay in Mac Big Sur driver update release) so I used rs232 for CAT and Usb for audio in/out

to use the rs232 for CAT the only things you’ve to do are:

1) arrange a straight cable pin to pin 2-2 3-3 5-5
2) check that in the 101 menu is not selected any external tuner (otherwise the 101 rs232 port is not usable for CAT)
3) set 232 speed in the 101 menu

no driver is required.

Now I moved to a microHAM DXP so USB port on my 101 is unused and unconnected

73 Giorgio

Fred Kepner

Giorgio, thanks for the mention of the external tuner setting!

I was having issues connecting something via the RS232 and that was exactly the problem.  Working great now.

73
Fred
K3FRK