SD card failed to read or write when WSJT connected to FTDX101D

George

When I have WSJT/FT8 running and connected to my 101 I noticed that when inserting the SD card and the window with YES-NO pops up but drops out immediately? Even when I press FUNCT-EXTENSION-SETTING and trying to save or restore settings the choices lock up when I select a previously saved file? I have to press FUNCT to get out of the SD lock up.
By accident later in the day I happened to operating CW with WSJT not running and not connected to my 101 the SD card functions operated as the manual indicates. Insert SD card and the pop up window YES-NO stays on till I select yes or no. From here all works OK.
Is this just me having this problem? Now that I know my problem with the SD card functions and WSJT/FT8  this won't happen to me again.
Thanks
George  W2YJ

Lou W7HV

According to the manual (page 80) the SD card should only be inserted and removed with the rig's power off.

PCs etc have the facility to select "eject" before physically removing an SD card.  The FTDX101 does not.

George

I just tried per the manual with power off when inserting and removing the card with no help.

Just wondering if anyone else can re-produce the problem I had with the SD card which was SD card functions lock up with WSJT/FT8 connected to the 101?

Thanks

George  K  W2YJ