Topics

RF CONTROL

Good evening - do you have this phenomenon .... when I turn up the RF button, I have a brief cutoff of reception on a modulation --- you have to do it gently on a voice - The signal cuts off - the s-meter goes down - then everything comes back -
--
73 de f1ubw

Macy monkeys

No, not when turning the RF Gain knob up...BUT reception does cut out when turning the RF Gain back. Especially on strong signals.

John K7FD

On Feb 17, 2021, at 12:30 PM, Régis F1UBW <f1ubw@...> wrote:

Good evening - do you have this phenomenon .... when I turn up the RF button, I have a brief cutoff of reception on a modulation --- you have to do it gently on a voice - The signal cuts off - the s-meter goes down - then everything comes back -
--
73 de f1ubw

PA7TWO - Kees

Not noticed in either way here...
--

Vy 73, de Kees - PA7TWO - M5TWO

John

My 101MP has this problem. It's AGC related. With a moderate strength signal (on AGC threshold) try switching AGC off and swing the RF gain up and down. On my set the gain swings smoothly with no trace of the "dirty pot" effect. Switch in the AGC and it's there. It seems like the AGC system is playing catch up with the system gain.

John G4IJD

Lou W7HV

Yeah.  I suspect some of these artifacts are due to the IF DSP being in the AGC loop and there being some latency in it responding to control inputs.  It's there, but I hasn't affected operation or performance in my use.