PC Volume setting for WSJT

Alan

WSJT through the USB connection is working fine, but I have to set the PC (Win 7) to Playback 6, Record 5 is there a setting on the 101 that would allow me to increase the PC volume while reducing the 101's, so that overall I maintain the same balance?

Rejean Leveille

Hi
Each computer model will give a different Play / Record audio level.
Data Mode Rear & USB (Codec)
Radio Setting / Mode PSK/Data / RPORT Gain. I got mine at level 5 from default 50. Now the computer is more in +70% range.

73, Rejean va2am

Alan

That's odd, when looking through the manual that was just what I  came up with, tried it and nothing changed. I'll  give it another go tomorrow.

Rejean Leveille

Hi,
Have you reduced your computer audio level from sound settings, USB Codec, Playback Properties?
Default at 100% you could get too much audio level for a fine power adjustment.

Alan

Edited

Yes thats set at 5 along with record. There doesn't  seem to be a way of turning down the volume coming out of the 101 into the pc. I can change the TX volume OK.