From: FTDX101D@groups.io [mailto:FTDX101D@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lou W7HV via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2021 3:38 PM
To: FTDX101D@groups.io
Subject: [FTDX101D] No RIT (RX CLAR) on 60m :-(

Been making some Qs on 60m and one thing I find odd is that RX CLAR (RIT) is disabled when using the 5 CW and 5 USB preprogrammed channels.  I was working an op on 60m cw and his tx freq drifted down maybe 150-200 Hz...still within the channel and I would have liked to be able to use RIT to keep him centered in the narrow filters I was using due to the amount of band noise I typically experience on 60.  As it was, I used the shift control to keep the filters on him, but the pitch was getting rather high.  I understand they program fixed channels and disable TX CLAR (XIT) to prevent accidentally straying from the freqs, but I can see no reason for RX CLAR (RIT) to be disabled.

Lou W7HV

I can't fathom Yaesu's thinking, but since my first post, I found a workaround.  Set the MAIN to a 60m channel, and use the SUB RX for receiving. TX is locked into the channel but you're free to tune around with the SUB RX and use RIT.  It works the other way too, with the SUB set to a channel for TX and RX with the MAIN.

k4cvl

Good find….I will try that here.  ’73,  -Mike

I can't fathom Yaesu's thinking, but since my first post, I found a workaround.  Set the MAIN to a 60m channel, and use the SUB RX for receiving. TX is locked into the channel but you're free to tune around with the SUB RX and use RIT.  It works the other way too, with the SUB set to a channel for TX and RX with the MAIN.

giubigaz@...

HI
On my FTDX101D it works regularly both in main and sub and both in rx and tx.

Greetings  IK5UTD

Lou W7HV

If you're in Italy, that may well be.  The standard US versions will only tx on 60m using five CW and five USB  fixed pre-programmed channels that don't allow tuning the RX, TX, RIT or XIT.  In the US, we are only allowed to use these channels and at restricted power levels.  However, AFAIK, the law does not require rigs to be channelized and the FCC leaves it to the op to ensure he's in compliance.  Despite this, Yaesu chose to channelize the US rigs on 60m and remove control from the op. Even if channelizing was required, there still is no reason that I can see to disable RIT.